REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
(Click this link for DD214 Discharge Application)
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to our Post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the
U. S. Armed Forces between:
(April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918) World War I
(December 7, 1941 - Today)
This includes veterans of:
World War II, the Korean War,Vietnam War, Cold War, Lebanon/Grenada,
Operation Just Cause, Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm, and OIF / OEF
Because eligibility since WWII is now open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time.
Must have served at least one day of active Federal military service and be honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS ARE ELIGIBLE TO JOIN!
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.
Click on the gold star "Application" menu button for an online application form.